Deputy Inspector General Richard Edmund Biddulph RN (retd.) was educated at Trinity College, Dublin, where he graduated BA and MB in 1876, and BCh in 1877. He entered the Navy as a surgeon soon after qualifying and attained the rank of Fleet Surgeon on 1 Oct 1895. He retired as Deputy Inspector-General on 28 Apr 1907.
Deputy Inspector-General Richard Edmund Biddulph died at the Royal Naval Hospital Bighi on 6 July 1931 aged 78 years. He was buried at Ta' Braxia Cemetery Pieta. He shares the burial vault with that of his son in law Colonel Charles Chevin Cumming RAMC.
L/Cpl R J H Patchell
L/Cpl R J Patchell died suddenly on 31 Mar 1931 at the Military Hospital Mtarfa after a short illness. The funeral took place on 1 April from St Oswald's Church in the hospital grounds. The whole company including officers and sisters, together with many of the families, attended.
The cortege was preceded by a firing squad of L/Cpls of the 1st/Highland Light Infantry and the band of 2nd/Worcestershire Regiment and proceeded to the Military Cemetery Mtarfa. During his short stay with the Company, L/Cpl Patchell, known as Paddy, had gained the respect and affection of his comrades.
A gravestone of Maltese stone, faced with marble, was erected in July 1932 over his tomb.