On 24 Feb 1832, Sir Howard Elphinstone RE was sworn in as Acting Lieutenant Governor and Commander of the Garrison. During the Governor's absence from Malta, it was standard procedure for senior military officers to temporary take over the administration of the island.
On 5 Mar, Sir Frederick Cavendish Ponsonby, resumed his duties as Lieutenant Governor and Commander of the Malta Garrison.
As a result of the outbreak of cholera in England, the Board of Health in Malta directed that all vessels arriving from a port in England were to enter quarantine for 10 days. The hammocks and clothing of the crew and passengers were to be aired on deck and the hold and cabins fumigated.
- 17 Mar Marriage of Bachelor Charles William Dodd of the Parish of St Margaret, Westminster, Chaplain of HMS Madagascar, married Hester Louisa David, spinster daughter of John and Louisa David, born and residing in Malta.
- 11 Apr Private baptism of Michael George Balneavis, born on 3 March 1832, son of Lt Col and Town Major Henry Balneavis and Georgina by Archdeacon John Thomas Howe Le Mesurier, Chaplain to the Forces.
- 18 Apr Frances Eliza Robertson, born on 29 Sep 1823 and privately baptised in Dieppe on 7 Oct 1823, daughter of Sophia and Assistant Commissary General William Robertson, was publicly received into the church.
- 17 Sep Baptism of Edward James Pritchard, born on 25 August 1832, son of Barrack Sgt Richard Pritchard and Mary.
- 15 Jan Burial of William Richardson aged 2 years, son of W. Richardson, Medical Department.