No 1316 Staff Assistant Surgeon George Wellington L'Estrange LRCSI LKQCPI (1865) LM (Rotunda Hosp Dub)
16 Dec 1841 – ?
Service Record — George Wellington L'Estrange
31 Mar 1868 Staff Assistant Surgeon Shorncliffe.
1869 Staff Assistant Surgeon Dublin.
5 Jan 1870 Assistant Surgeon 1st/17th (Leicestershire) Regiment of Foot.
20 Sept 1871 Staff Assistant Surgeon.
15 Feb 1872 Reduced to half-pay.
28 May 1873 Restored to full-pay as surgeon Army Medical Department.
Malta 24 July 1873 Arrived from Dublin.
Malta 7 Dec 1874 To England on leave.
Malta 28 Apr 1875 Resigned his commission rather than continue to serve in the
military hothouse of the Mediterranean.1
21 Feb 1880 Resident in Dublin. Contributed to an appeal published in the British Medical Journal of 21 February 1880 in behalf of the widow and three children of Dr Harry Molony of Kilrush Co. Clare. Other army medical officers who responded to the appeal were George F. Duffey of 30 Fitzwilliam Place Dublin, Surgeon Major Reynolds VC AMD and Surgeon Major Sandford Moore AMD.2
- Drew R., 1968. Entry No: 6428. Medical Officers in the British Army 1660 – 1960. Volume 1: 1660 – 1898. London: Wellcome Historical Medical Library.
- RAMC/PE/3/27/Drew. Manuscript for Drew's Roll.
- Succession Book Vol 14. Returns of service of medical officers in the Regular Army.
- 1Naval and Military Medical Services. Br Med J (1875), 2; 2758: 61 (Published 10 July 1875).
- 2Letters, Notes, and answers to correspondents. Br Med J (1880), 1; 462 (Published 20 March 1880).