Major James Gibson McNaught
MA (Glas 1887) MB CM (Glas 1890) MD (1894) DPH (Lond 1903)
13 Nov 1865 [Glasgow] – 25 Apr 1942 [Penzance]
Service Record — James Gibson McNaught
27 July 1892 Surgeon-Lieutenant.
27 July 1895 Surgeon-Captain.
1901–1902 Served in South Africa. Took part in operations in the Transvaal, in Cape Colony, and Orange River Colony.
27 July 1904 Major RAMC.
Malta May 1906 Embarked for Malta with Colonel David Bruce as a new member of the Mediterranean Fever Commission.
Malta Nov 1906 Returned to Edinburgh.
30 Oct 1914 Lieutenant Colonel RAMC.
28 July 1914 Start of the Great War.
4 Aug 1914 Britain declares war on Germany.
1914 Served in the Great War.
Commanded 13 Casualty Clearing Station during the Gallipoli campaign.
- Entry No: 7360. Johnston W. 1917. Roll of Commissioned Officers in the Medical Service of the British Army. Vol I (20 June 1727 to 23 June 1898). Aberdeen, University Press.
- Distribution of RAMC Officers. Corps News Vol IV: 6; June 1905.
- Succession Books Vol XIX Returns of statement of service of RAMC Officers.
- Deaths in the services, Br Med J (1942), 115 (Published 25 July 1942).
- Biography of James Gibson McNaught, The University of Glasgow story.